Aware engaged with Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift America Inc. (MCFA), a leading U.S. manufacturer of high-quality forklifts and warehouse machinery, to create a unified website for its various products and brands. The new site would replace five separate websites and four mobile sites used for communicating with many outside audiences.
Content Management Challenges
Previously, MCFA relied on outside vendors to host, maintain and manage its external websites, requiring a significant investment of both time and cost whenever content changes were made. With the move to a unified platform, the company hoped to manage such content updates internally and better leverage its overall web communications – spanning from the dealer portal to the external website.
Additionally, MCFA wanted to:
- Use responsive design, allowing the external, customer-facing site to be viewed optimally on any digital device
- Incorporate advanced search filters and a dealer location tool, enhancing search functions and the overall visitor experience to MCFA.com
- Create a streamlined workflow for language translation and content updates on non-English sites across the external website and internal dealer portal
- Edit content in one place and reuse it across both internal and external websites to save valuable time and reduce room for human error
Aware was able to check all those boxes and more by breaking the project down into five focus areas:
- A single architecture for five sites
- Improved product search filtering
- Better translation workflow
- A custom database for dealer locator
- A digital briefcase for reps in the field
MCFA experienced excellent results after relaunching their site: 25% increase in mobile traffic; 10% reduction in bounce rates; 15% increase in return visitors.
Download the complete MCFA case study to learn more!