We often receive requests from clients or prospects who are weighing their options for providing eCommerce capabilities on their WCM managed website. While this can be a daunting task, we usually present a few options to help determine which solution best fits their need. A few initial questions can help drive the conversation:
- Will eCommerce functionality be an integral part of your website?
- Is the main purpose of your website to sell products, to tell your story or drive traffic to your brick and mortar store?
- Will you be looking for a single interface for content entry, including managing your products and managing fulfillment?
- How can you leverage your ERP system to be the source record for your products?
- How can you tie your customer record back to your CRM to continue to build that relationship?
Once these questions have been answered, we begin to look at three possible scenarios: